The Good Guys May 21st Auction is Now Open

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Mizmo64
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 2
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 908
BCCA Number: 33072
eBay name: Mizmo64
Year Started Collecting: 0
Zodiac:

The Good Guys May 21st Auction is Now Open

Post by Mizmo64 »

Our May 21st auction is now open. Some incredible Ohio & Kentucky cans. Some great Crowntainers, Test Cans, Soda Cans, and Bottles. More Neil Kanetzke collection.

https://auctions.beercansplus.com/catalog.aspx
770 x 1000  May  2023 Auction (1).png

Lovegun
Former Officer
Former Officer
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 699
BCCA Number: 3197
eBay name: Lovegun1959
Year Started Collecting: 1936
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: The Good Guys May 21st Auction is Now Open

Post by Lovegun »

Was bummed I lost out on the white Wunderbrau from the last auction. Especially since it was Neil's can. I see a few in this one I will bid on....
Greg Gromosiak-RB#699 B.C.C.A.#3197
Former Rusty Bunch President, Current Editor, Miami Valley Guzzelette
scrabble1959@yahoo.com

Turning dirt since 1972

Looking for either Red Top "Old Cincinnati" Beer O.I.!!!!
OhioCanGuy
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1157
BCCA Number: 10147
Year Started Collecting: 1975
United States of America

Post by OhioCanGuy »

Great. Just when I convinced myself to stop spending so much $$$ on breweriana, this auction shows up. Some tough cans in this one. Will be interesting to see where prices end up, especially on the grade 1-/2+/2 type of stuff.
Bob
----------------------------
Flats, cones & early tabs. Ohio cans, ultra clean cans & shine. East coast cans. Rare rust. And, whatever else catches my eye.
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by pinnacle-project »

Yes, definitely an interesting auction. I may not end up being g the high bidder but I will still be curious to see where some of these end at.
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
mtracy64
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 353
BCCA Number: 27810
eBay name: mtracy64
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by mtracy64 »

I don't know who's buying the rusty J-Spouts in the last few auctions and on eBay recently, but I'm glad I didn't have to contend with them when building the bulk of my collection. I was only interested in one and it went far beyond my "lunatic J-Spout collector must have it" price.

Marc
OhioCanGuy
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
United States of America

Post by OhioCanGuy »

mtracy64 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:49 pm I don't know who's buying the rusty J-Spouts in the last few auctions and on eBay recently, but I'm glad I didn't have to contend with them when building the bulk of my collection. I was only interested in one and it went far beyond my "lunatic J-Spout collector must have it" price.

Marc
This was a tough crowd bidding in this auction. There were a lot of cans I was interested in.

Ultimately, I had 59 cans on my watch list. Bid on 20 of them. Many of the bids were what I thought was a strong enough number to take it. A smaller handful were strong enough that I thought "no one else would possibly bid more that this". Of the 20 bids, I was the under-bidder 7 times. I only won one can, at the very end of the auction. I was watching it but really didn't plan on bidding on it. Action seemed a little soft on it so I through a very reasonable bid in and got it. At least I'm walking away with something!

I agree with Marc, very glad I picked up certain cans when I did. Age demographics argument aside, this hobby appears to be very strong right now.
Bob
Flats, cones & early tabs. Ohio cans, ultra clean cans & shine. East coast cans. Rare rust. And, whatever else catches my eye.
Lovegun
Former Officer
Former Officer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 699
BCCA Number: 3197
eBay name: Lovegun1959
Year Started Collecting: 1936
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Lovegun »

OhioCanGuy wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:41 pm
mtracy64 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:49 pm I don't know who's buying the rusty J-Spouts in the last few auctions and on eBay recently, but I'm glad I didn't have to contend with them when building the bulk of my collection. I was only interested in one and it went far beyond my "lunatic J-Spout collector must have it" price.

Marc
This was a tough crowd bidding in this auction. There were a lot of cans I was interested in.

Ultimately, I had 59 cans on my watch list. Bid on 20 of them. Many of the bids were what I thought was a strong enough number to take it. A smaller handful were strong enough that I thought "no one else would possibly bid more that this". Of the 20 bids, I was the under-bidder 7 times. I only won one can, at the very end of the auction. I was watching it but really didn't plan on bidding on it. Action seemed a little soft on it so I through a very reasonable bid in and got it. At least I'm walking away with something!

I agree with Marc, very glad I picked up certain cans when I did. Age demographics argument aside, this hobby appears to be very strong right now.
Hey Bob,
Was that can the white Wunderbrau? That was the only can I bid on today, and missed out on the same version in last month's auction, which was Neil Kanetzes can. That can had more sentimental meaning since him and I dumped up in the up then this can today.
Cheers
Greg
Greg Gromosiak-RB#699 B.C.C.A.#3197
Former Rusty Bunch President, Current Editor, Miami Valley Guzzelette
scrabble1959@yahoo.com

Turning dirt since 1972

Looking for either Red Top "Old Cincinnati" Beer O.I.!!!!
OhioCanGuy
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
United States of America

Post by OhioCanGuy »

Lovegun wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:00 pm
Hey Bob,
Was that can the white Wunderbrau? That was the only can I bid on today, and missed out on the same version in last month's auction, which was Neil Kanetzes can. That can had more sentimental meaning since him and I dumped up in the up then this can today.
Cheers
Greg
No. I remember you mentioning it at the Gambrinus show and that you were interested in that can. So, no bids from me. Can I won near the end was lot # 516 - Wooden Shoe cone 3.2% variation.

FWIW, a can I did bid on, and did not get, was lot # 102 - Burger Ale Flat. Really tough can.

Some really interesting similarities between the Burger and the Wunderbrau. Both from Cincinnati, both tough, both have primarily white backgrounds, both had significant under the paint humidity, both went for more than I would have expected given condition. Links:

https://auctions.beercansplus.com/LotDe ... ryid=18764

https://auctions.beercansplus.com/LotDe ... ryid=18683
Bob
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”