Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 34900
eBay name: morecones
Year Started Collecting: 1977
United States of America

Re: Covid and CANvention... Mumms the word

Post by ConeAddict »

I don't think the current situation on the ground in St Louis is that relevant since this is a convention and the real risk is someone unvaccinated bringing it in from elsewhere and infecting others who haven't been vaccinated. Just thinking about the demographics of the hobby it would not surprise me if the percentage of the attendees who haven't had the vaccine are similar to what we see in some of the rural areas where covid is still spreading in MO, the comment made about what people have said on facebook seems to confirm this. Plus many of the people not getting the vaccine are the same people who have refused to mask up all along so can't count on masking. Hope I am wrong, maybe giving our ages most have had the vaccine and it's really not that big of an issue but I agree with Rand and Ed, seems like it could be a problem. Just my two cents, I have no doubt the show will go on regardless.

Summitcan
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 894
BCCA Number: 29714
eBay name: Summitcan.573
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
Christmas Island

Post by Summitcan »

Rand wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:29 am
bodean wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:08 pm
josh wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:07 pm Problem solved.... right?
We're supposed to consume this, right? :lol:
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me."
After the show use a funnel to get sunshine into your orifices
To me it makes Goog Goog sense !
BrooklynBreweries
Zip Top
Zip Top
Year Started Collecting: 1961
Austria

Post by BrooklynBreweries »

It has been proven over and over that masks do nothing. Don't know why they keep pushing it.
josh
Thread Killer
Thread Killer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 357
BCCA Number: 0
Mexico

Post by josh »

BrooklynBreweries wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:14 pm It has been proven over and over that masks do nothing. Don't know why they keep pushing it.
Here's proof the Earth is flat.
https://www.um.edu.mt/think/the-earth-is-flat/
BrooklynBreweries
Zip Top
Zip Top
Year Started Collecting: 1961
Austria

Post by BrooklynBreweries »

Yes, always better to go off on a different tangent of distraction Josh then perhaps looking at the size of the virus particle and what the average mask is able to filter. Ever wonder why those that deal with infectious disease outbreaks wear full body suits and breathing apparatus and not just a mask ? And what happened to the flu this year? Seems to have vanished. Deaths associated with the experimental "vaccines" continue to be under reported as the push to get the shot increases. I guess in 5 years (Which is the normal clinical trial) we will find out just what mRNA vac is doing to people by "teaching" (altering) the cells in the human body to try and develop synthetic antibodies against a virus that is 99.9 survivable if contracted and treated properly with well known and tested therapeutics. I won't be going to any large gatherings for a while just because of vaccinated people and the shedding that occurs from the experimental vaccine. If you want to take it fine. That should be protecting you from everyone else that won't (as will the mask right?) and if it doesn't then why the hell did you take it ?
josh
Thread Killer
Thread Killer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 357
BCCA Number: 0
Mexico

Post by josh »

homer-meme-1547553537.gif
homer-meme-1547553537.gif (1.46 MiB) Viewed 1935 times
Dan B
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser
BCCA Number: 2048
Year Started Collecting: 1971
United States of America

Post by Dan B »

0, 2021
University of Louisville study finds mask mandates did not slow spread of COVID-19
By: Judy Mathias Tags: COVID-19 Share

Editor's Note

This study by researchers at the University of Louisville finds that state mask mandates did not help slow COVID-19 transmission.

The analysis compares COVID-19 case growth rates in 33 states that imposed statewide mask mandates on or before August 2, 2020, with states that imposed mask mandates after this date, and with states that didn’t have mask mandates at all.

The researchers found that case growth was not significantly different between mandate and non-mandate states at low or high transmission rates. In addition, differences between minimum and maximum case growth were similar among early, late, and no mandate states, and surges from minimum to maximum growth occurred at similar rates.

The data suggest that mask use is a poor predictor of COVID-19 growth at the state level, the researchers conclude. The findings do not support the hypothesis that COVID-19 transmission rates decrease with greater public mask use.
Summitcan
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 894
BCCA Number: 29714
eBay name: Summitcan.573
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
Christmas Island

Post by Summitcan »

Someone Please make this POS thread disappear ... by far excells political mumbo jumbo and stupidity mumbo jumbo
To me it makes Goog Goog sense !
Rand
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 727
BCCA Number: 28177
Year Started Collecting: 1967
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Rand »

.....and....there you have it. This is why I'm not going to pack myself into a room with folks exhibiting this class of concern and reasoning.
Rand "The Can't Man" Lindsly....Foot Soldier in the OI Wars....Honorably Discharged
"I'm a solipsist and, I have to say, I'm surprised there aren't more of us."
Acme. Genesee. - Feigenspan Uinta
DaveNH
Deceased
Deceased
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1016
BCCA Number: 6727
eBay name: drt1r5
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by DaveNH »

All:

We appreciate that people have feelings about this. As we are not an epidemiology club nor healthcare professionals, we're not going to accommodate this discussion and it’s tone and therefore are locking this thread. Feel free to pursue it outside the forum.

The BCCA leadership, who are members of the Rusty Bunch, have indicated they are closely watching the situation and have a Covid Czar tracking the information on a daily basis AND will make sure everyone is kept up to date on the current state and local guidance and regulations. At the end of the day, make the choice that's best for you.

Let's get back to griping about 4-wheeled carts on the trade floor.
Thanks. Dave
Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “CANvention 50 v2.0 - St. Louis”