Rusty Bunch Member Number: 991
BCCA Number: 22344
eBay name: NVchristian
Year Started Collecting: 1978
Zodiac:
United States of America

Tivoli Gardens Tab Tops

Post by baartz »

I just acquired 7 on grade Tivoli Gardens Tab tops. There was a full 6 pack and 1 empty can. I received an email in response to my Craigs List post. "I have some old full Tivoli cans". Of course I'm thinking 70's cans. Please send me a photo, I say. I received the photo below. I immediately call her and say I'll buy the cans. The person who contacted me also contacted another collector in the area. He posts the same photo on BCCA webpage indicating he had found the cans. I'm thinking he's already made a deal for the cans, but the owner calls me and asks what I'll offer for them. I offer more than the first collector and make the deal. I then drove up from Colorado Springs to Denver and meet the owner at a Starbucks to get the cans. I asked her how she came to have the cans. It turns out her father, a 92 year old, Korean War army veteran bought them in 1969. He was a Tivoli drinker and read an article that the Tivoli Brewery was closing. He ran to the liquor store and bought some Tivoli and put a full 6-pack behind his bar in the basement of his house. For 50 years the full six-pack sat on the back bar. He recently decided to sell his house and moved to Arizona. There was an estate sale, but the people running the sale refuse to sell the cans because they are full and it's illegal for them to sell alcohol. The realator who was selling the house is the person who contacted me and the other collector because someone told her the cans were valuable. I emptied and washed the cans and will be bringing them to Canvention in ABQ!
Attachments
8-19 First Tivoli Photo.jpg
8-19 Tivoli Gardens 2.jpg

Brian Artzberger #22344
http://www.artzberger.com/BeerCans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Collector of 12 oz or smaller US cans
Servant of Jesus, John 3:16, 14:6
JustJoe
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1279
Year Started Collecting: 1976
United States of America

Re: Tivoli Gardens Tab Tops

Post by JustJoe »

Those are sweet :smt023
Official Janitor Of The Seam Gazers Society
canman65
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 617
BCCA Number: 26989
eBay name: canman65
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Tivoli Gardens Tab Tops

Post by canman65 »

Great tabs! I collected Colorado cans for many years, I never had this as a tab..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Big Finds”