The Black Widow

Use this forum to discuss other items not related to Beer Cans and Dumping.

Moderators: Current Officers, Previous Officers

bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 866
BCCA Number: 34752
Year Started Collecting: 2000
Zodiac:
United States of America

The Black Widow

Post by bantam10 »

This is what I did all summer long. Diesel engines are a part of my blood, actually a second hobby and soon to be job. I own a 2000 ford f-250 7.3 liter powerstroke diesel. This summer, I put some serious work into it. I replaced the 14 year old fuel injectors with brand new aftermarket stage 1's from rosewood diesel. A ton of work, removing the top of a large engine (which is the same that's in some school buses I must add). They were the size of beer cans, 2X the size Of a regular car. My next goal was to remove the muffler and install 4 inch exhaust. Most people think that dosent make a difference, but it makes the turbo breathe better. After that, I ordered a DP tuner, which had many downloadable options including 100hp race codes. She now produces over 450 HP. I also put work into the rims and the paint. The horns I added last March. Now it's done and is my absolute pride and joy. Took lots of work and tons of cash, but it's totally worth it. Just goes to show that when I was 16, I "worked" "played" and "learned" stuff.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Tailgater repellent
Tailgater repellent
Last edited by bantam10 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bantam - when you pop a Regal OI, everyone will want to dig with you and no one will give you crap anymore.... until then, Keep On Truckin" !
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: The blue train

Post by bantam10 »

Drive by. Can't get these damn brackets to work. How do you do that? :smt021

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWK47iSi6fY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/youtube]
Bantam - when you pop a Regal OI, everyone will want to dig with you and no one will give you crap anymore.... until then, Keep On Truckin" !
Flat_Top
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 721
BCCA Number: 15216
eBay name: beer-1
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Flat_Top »

Looks good. Is that a chicken on your truck?
Chuck
Michigan Cans wanted
Sell your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island!
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Flat_Top wrote:Looks good. Is that a chicken on your truck?
Thanks. Yes it is, He's Tom. :mrgreen:
Tom Clark
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 48
BCCA Number: 17611
eBay name: milesclarkco
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Tom Clark »

Good going Ted! In 1971 I graduated from Canby Vo-tech with a 2 year degree in Diesel mechanics. I spent a couple of years as a diesel mechanic for a Massey Ferguson and Ford farm implement dealership. Then I spent 35 years as a locomotive mechanic for the Santa Fe RR (BNSF). I really enjoyed being a diesel mechanic, I felt it was rewarding. I'm the type of person who would go crazy having an office job, no thanks! When you get a little older you should apply for a position with a railroad, the pay is good and the benifits are great!
Daev Larrazolo
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 804
BCCA Number: 31724
eBay name: HEYBLAMEITONRIO
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Daev Larrazolo »

Ya take Toms advice. That is a sweet truck. I've never owned a car.
WANT ANY MONTANA BREWERIANA
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Tom Clark wrote:Good going Ted! In 1971 I graduated from Canby Vo-tech with a 2 year degree in Diesel mechanics. I spent a couple of years as a diesel mechanic for a Massey Ferguson and Ford farm implement dealership. Then I spent 35 years as a locomotive mechanic for the Santa Fe RR (BNSF). I really enjoyed being a diesel mechanic, I felt it was rewarding. I'm the type of person who would go crazy having an office job, no thanks! When you get a little older you should apply for a position with a railroad, the pay is good and the benifits are great!
Thank you. I can relate. I have experience working on things and learning outside, not inside. I could drive coal trains at my dads work, sounds fun but would not be my thing %100. Diesel mechanic is definitely in my future at some point. :smt023
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

The Video above is worth watching if you haven't already :shock:
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by pinnacle-project »

Yes, being a diesel mechanic has good career potential. My cousin went to a diesel school down in Nashville and has a good career. People always try to push their kids into college but there are good tech careers out there just as good and sometimes better. HVAC, electrician, and plumber are also good careers. You obviously know a lot already but be sure to get some formal education too. HR departments get a million resumes for any particular opening. An easy way to whittle down the stack is to do it based on a certain education requirement.

No money? Wondering how you can afford this education? How about the military? They have a lot of diesels for you to work on. Don't want to go to Iraq? How about a Coast Guard assignment in Grand Haven?

Good luck!
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

pinnacle-project wrote:Yes, being a diesel mechanic has good career potential. My cousin went to a diesel school down in Nashville and has a good career. People always try to push their kids into college but there are good tech careers out there just as good and sometimes better. HVAC, electrician, and plumber are also good careers. You obviously know a lot already but be sure to get some formal education too. HR departments get a million resumes for any particular opening. An easy way to whittle down the stack is to do it based on a certain education requirement.

No money? Wondering how you can afford this education? How about the military? They have a lot of diesels for you to work on. Don't want to go to Iraq? How about a Coast Guard assignment in Grand Haven?

Good luck!
I was thinking diesel tech and EMS after school at tech center out by Port Sheldon. I agree, college isn't worth it. I know many that spent 4+ years in school and cant even maintain their house/cars. Don't want to do the military. Theres also a place next to Allendale's station that distributes fire equipment and repairs area fire apparatus. That would be fun for a while too. And all my money went into this haha and I'm happy as can be. Even improved my gas millage while going 2X as fast as the neighbors GTO. :smt023 :smt005
Daev Larrazolo
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 804
BCCA Number: 31724
eBay name: HEYBLAMEITONRIO
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Daev Larrazolo »

Sad thing is a college degree does not mean a good job or even a job these days
WANT ANY MONTANA BREWERIANA
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Daev Larrazolo wrote:Sad thing is a college degree does not mean a good job or even a job these days
What really bothers me about it is kids spend tens of thousands of dollars on college, graduate broke, and then it takes forever to pay it off. My older daughter is 15 and how to pay for her college is definitely on my mind. My wife and I are not going to pay for all of it. I try not to do the "When I was your age stories . . ." but she needs to start working. I started to do lawn work and snow removal when I was 10. I also had a bicycle repair business. By the time I went to college, I had a ton of money stashed away. The only money my parents gave me during college was a $100 monthly allowance the first two years. I still graduated with little debt (around $5,000 or so). In the years since, the cost of college has gone up faster than the rate of inflation so this makes it even more important to start saving/working early.
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

Shevy85Ale
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1071
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Shevy85Ale »

Unfortunately, high school kids can''t work enough to earn their college tuition and maintain the high school grades required to get into college. I live in Virginia, a state with relatively low in state tuition (although it's going up at a faster pace every year) and comparatively good schools, but it still costs $12,000-$13,000 per year for tuition and board. With mostly minimum wage jobs being all that's available to them (all that's available to a lot of college grads as well), and even with busting a hump in the summer, there's no way they can save that amount of money. When my mom passed and we sold her house, I took all of that money and opened college savings plans for each of my kids, and even that will only pay, at best, 2 years for each of them. It's a really sad situation, and more and more people are questioning the value of a college degree. Vo-Tech is a great way to go, and can earn you a very comfortable living.
Mike Shevlin
Shevy85Ale
IGU #10!!
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

My work is paying off :shock: :smt007
image.jpg
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

My homework tonight :smt026
image.jpg
Canadacan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1078
Year Started Collecting: 1987
Zodiac:
Canada

Post by Canadacan »

that will update it nice.
Ivan... RB #1078 Collector of soda cans & bottles from Canada. Looking for Canadian soada cans 12oz & 10oz From the 1950s right into the 80s.
Also Canadian Beers ,USA Orange Crush bottles And American Drewrys beer cans.
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Canadacan wrote:that will update it nice.
Big time! My old ones were original. Passenger side had a crack in one of the mounts and they were in general just very dull. Matches my paint and rims too. My turn signal is just as bright as the original lowbeams, that shows how bad they were. Now the old ones are in reserve status :smt023
Canadacan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Zodiac:
Canada

Post by Canadacan »

You should do the tail lights too :smt023 ...are these sort of more of a euro style? what are the prices like on lamps like these?....that stuff is usually so pricey up here :smt012
Ivan... RB #1078 Collector of soda cans & bottles from Canada. Looking for Canadian soada cans 12oz & 10oz From the 1950s right into the 80s.
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Canadacan wrote:You should do the tail lights too :smt023 ...are these sort of more of a euro style? what are the prices like on lamps like these?....that stuff is usually so pricey up here :smt012
I got these on Ebay for $130 for the pair with free shipping. These were about 1/2 off too, so that's part of the reason why I got them. These are more like the Ford Harley Davidson edition lights, just a little bit different and with an added LED middle strip. I can turn that on separately, but don't have it hooked up at the moment :smt023
As for the taillights, I thought about it but I might get a newer 2010 era bed come spring time. Mine current bed is really rusty thanks to Michigan weather and roads. :smt022
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Much better :smt007 :smt007
image.jpg
Canadacan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Zodiac:
Canada

Post by Canadacan »

Looks good Ted :smt023
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Canadacan wrote:Looks good Ted :smt023
Thanks man :smt023 Cab lights are next, those are going to be impressive I can say that :shock:
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Transformation Tuesday :shock:
image.jpg
Sea Monkey
RB Raffle Coordinator
RB Raffle Coordinator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 958
BCCA Number: 33638
eBay name: Pollywoggray
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sea Monkey »

That IS a transformation. How did you get rid of all the SNOW!....... :shock: :lol: :smt023 ..........looks good.......... :smt023
Scott Gray
BCCA# 33638 / RB# 958 / Qwarts-R-Us #8 / Iron Guts #6
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Sea Monkey wrote:That IS a transformation. How did you get rid of all the SNOW!....... :shock: :lol: :smt023 ..........looks good.......... :smt023
Picture on the left is from about this time last year. Right picture is from today. :mrgreen: Thanks for the kind words too :smt023 :smt006 Next upgrade will be the cab lights, they will be smoked like the headlights and have built in emergency lights. Saving $$ now. :smt001
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Here's another with before and after pictures (click to supersize). Shows how much I take care of it and have worked on it this summer. Now runs 14's quarter mile. Amazing out of this ole girl.....
image.jpg
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

What's up with the Texas plate on the front?

2023 Shows Attended

bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

pinnacle-project wrote:What's up with the Texas plate on the front?
I collect license plates. Its one of the few of the current ones I have. I don't want to put a 60+ year old one on, and it just kinda fits it well. :smt023
Canadacan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Zodiac:
Canada

Post by Canadacan »

Atta boy!...got rid of that blue oval on the grill! :smt023 :smt083
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Canadacan wrote:Atta boy!...got rid of that blue oval on the grill! :smt023 :smt083
The blue oval is beautiful. But the real question is, what did I put over it Ivan? And why? :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Interests”