In case we still wondered....

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

hemmings
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 29000
eBay name: rareamerica
Year Started Collecting: 1977
United States of America

In case we still wondered....

Post by hemmings »

I think the prices on the Class book and BCU today answer the question for certain about whether we are seeing massive cash influxes from new collectors or people coming in from outside the hobby with other interests rather than a surge amongest the lifers.
BCU sold for 70, 1935 Fortune article sold for 80, Class sitting at $100 before going live. Whoa $200 with 3 bidder above 90.

You can barely give the books away on Ebay or at a show. The article is usually less than half that at best. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone doing whatever they want with their money. But there is no reason to spend that kind of money for books that are available everywhere. ANd I get that 100 is nothing when you are buying $30,000 cans but this feels more and more like a tax right off or laundering all the time.

I admit I could be wrong about collectors vs intestors or whoevers.... the 1927D (i think) $20 gold piece had 5 bidders over $3,000,000 in October and closed at 4.4m. Maybe its just the trillions sloshing around the system......

Interested in breweriana with Native American images or language of all kinds.

Return to “General Discussion”