Charlie Bacon Silent Auction Items @ Spring Thaw- online too!

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

menke
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 406
BCCA Number: 23654
eBay name: www.onefullquart.com
Year Started Collecting: 1979
Australia

Charlie Bacon Silent Auction Items @ Spring Thaw- online too!

Post by menke »

Silent Auction for Charlie Bacon at 12 Midnight on the Friday of Spring Thaw 3/31!
1) Huge Plastic ThreeRing Sign:
IMG_2634.jpg
2) Humongous Topper Sign 8ft Charlie peeled off an Adirondacks barn with the family waiting in the car:
IMG_2633.jpg
3) PBR Neon
IMG_2638.jpg
4) Charlie Bacon ATF Desk Suite
IMG_2660.jpg
5) His Rake (for good luck)
IMG_2635.jpg
6) Canned Beer News Circular Lot
IMG_2642.jpg
IMG_2643.jpg
IMG_2645.jpg
IMG_2647.jpg
7) Antique Ballantine Silk(y) Banner
IMG_2659.jpg
Potential 8th item as time allows...

Da Rules:

For those not in attendance, you’re welcome to participate via RB PM’s. Calling my cell will make me very cranky! I can accept your bids if:

1) The RB member PM’s their name and cell, and gets a bidder number ahead of time
2) or PM’s that info plus the item #(s) and bid amount(s)
3) and have a friend present at the show who can accept the item on your behalf, or arrange ahead of time to otherwise complete the sale.

I’ll pick up all the bid sheets at midnight and check them against any RB PM’s that are time-stamped BEFORE midnight EDT. I’ll do my best to update current bids on this thread periodically through the show- this is not a high-tech operation. All bids will be anonymous per your bidder number, multiple bids are welcome. There are no set bid increments; winning bid will be $1 above the second highest bid regardless of the max amount. In the event of a tie, my coin toss will settle the winner. ‘Heads’ goes to whose last name is earlier in the alphabet. I will text the winners’ cell #’s after midnight as soon as I’ve cleared my PM inbox.

Payment:
Please pay by Venmo, paypal ‘friend,’ cash, or check from folks I know personally.

All proceeds go to Charlie’s widow, Ann, with no Buyer’s or Seller's Premium. These are quirky, interesting, impossible to price, and/or hard-to-ship items that everyone will have a chance to acquire. No need to be wealthy or have the ability to miss days and days of work to be first in line.
Last edited by menke on Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Better to drive 950 miles and kick asz than go a thousand miles and get nothing.
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Charlie Bacon Silent Auction at Spring Thaw- online too!

Post by pinnacle-project »

menke wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:34 pm The RB member PM’s their name and cell, and gets a bidder number ahead of time
I will not be at Spring Thaw but would like a bidder number. Do you want people send a PM or just post in this thread? Thanks.
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
menke
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Australia

Re: Charlie Bacon Silent Auction at Spring Thaw- online too!

Post by menke »

Pm's please! I tried to think through everything that could be misunderstood and put it all in that paragraph (whose formatting got ruined in the cut and paste) but I've already heard some other questions I didn't think of.

There is a cargo van of stuff coming with me, the silent auction is ONLY these 7 random/large things of unknown value. Maybe one or two more as I unpack the last few boxes.

Bottles, crowns, books, signs, smalls, etc., and about 80 cases of tabs of various kinds for the hallway. I'll have a schedule on my door for when each group drops; there's just too much to get in all the same time! I'll open up sometime Wednesday afternoon, leading with crowns for the cap folks.
Better to drive 950 miles and kick asz than go a thousand miles and get nothing.
menke
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Australia

Re: Charlie Bacon Silent Auction Items @ Spring Thaw- online too!

Post by menke »

Bidding as of 9pm Friday:

Ballantine 3 ring sign: 165
Topper lager monster: 1
Pabst neon: 150
Desk suite: 20
Charlie’s rake: 21.98
Canned beer news: 400.00
Silk banner: 1
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”