BCCA Number: 31804
eBay name: kamsquared
Year Started Collecting: 1980
Zodiac:
Finland

Coca Cola - Dutch National Can Company Question

Post by kamsquared »

Hey Soda Guys,
I recently received an email from my friend Jobbe Wijnen in the Netherlands who runs a website called Pull Tab Archaeology. His website is dedicated to documenting changes in the manufacturing of pull tabs. https://pulltabarchaeology.com/

He sent me a couple of pictures and questions regarding a Dutch Coca Cola can that was found in the walls of the Musis Theater in Arnhem, Netherlands.
His question is specifically about the National Can Company logo on the can. His understanding was that only Continental Can variations existed in Europe.
Does anyone here know anything about the locations or existence of National Can Company plants in Europe?

Thanks for the help,
Kamsquared
Coke Netherlands 2.jpg
Coke Netherlands 1.jpg

Kamsquared
"I have your car towed all the way to your house and all you've got for me is *Lite* beer?"
Biff Tannen (Back To The Future)
Canadacan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1078
Year Started Collecting: 1987
Zodiac:
Canada

Re: Coca Cola - Dutch National Can Company Question

Post by Canadacan »

I really don't know a lot about National Can co other than they made all the early test cans for Canadian market when the transition from 10oz to 12oz came about and the aluminum was being phased in. Our early cans were marked printed in USA and displayed the National Can logo.
These cans came in around 1982-83 and some brands like 7up the can print stated 'filled for', I guess because canning lines were set up for 10oz at the time.
I don't know if they had a plant in the Netherlands, I wish i could be of more help.
20220330_234229.jpg
20220330_234302.jpg
20220330_234335.jpg
Ivan... RB #1078 Collector of soda cans & bottles from Canada. Looking for Canadian soada cans 12oz & 10oz From the 1950s right into the 80s.
Also Canadian Beers ,USA Orange Crush bottles And American Drewrys beer cans.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Soda/Pop Can Collecting”