Any MMA Fans also do design?

Use this forum to discuss other items not related to Beer Cans and Dumping.

Moderators: Current Officers, Previous Officers

Mike Wilbur
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 0
eBay name: acmerainier
Year Started Collecting: 1978
Zodiac:
United States of America

Any MMA Fans also do design?

Post by Mike Wilbur »

Thought I'd take a shot in the dark and see if anyone here is interested and able to do any MMA shirt designs. I'm working with some folks here in Sacramento and we're trying to get some new designs, but thought maybe an RB member might be interested in taking a shot. If interested, send me an email and we can talk a little about what we are trying to do. If we use your design I can send you a bunch of shirts and some cans. Email me at mwilbur(at)sbcglobal.net. -Mike
(58 of 116).jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
Fight Night Boxng 013.jpg

XCellKen
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
BCCA Number: 30849
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
Burkina Faso

Re: Any MMA Fans also do design?

Post by XCellKen »

Mike;

I'm a HUGE MMA fan, and I also sell screenprinted TShirts here in HTown. Problem is, I'm no artist, and I'd have to pay an artist to do the design, so it probably wouldn't work out.

R U working with the WEC? They have a big show tomorrow. Is that U with Uriah Faber? Also, your models are way hotter than mine.

Did you see the PPV last Saturday? Liddell got knocked COLD> I wonder what the future is for him? Three losses in the last four fights usually spells the end, but he's probably still marketable. Also looking forward to the Couture-Lesner fight. Too close to call.

I got in a fight two weeks ago. I'm WAY too old to fight, but the guy was threatening me, so what could I do? I'd liket to say it was an MMA clinic, but It was only a sloppy street fight. I smashed my finger on his ear, and made his bluetooth fly out, and cut my finger very bad.
Ken McCool

THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHER'S BCCA CHAPTER!!!

R U interested in joining a chapter that covers not only collecting related news, but also brewing industry news, jokes, and stories about the oftentimes hilarious, occasionally tragic events in which those who have had one, or two, or ten too many engage, all written with a sick, twisted demented bent???

For more info, or to obtain a FREE sample newsletter, email me at: kenk2260@earthlink.net
Mike Wilbur
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 0
eBay name: acmerainier
Year Started Collecting: 1978
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Mike Wilbur »

Faber owns the gym I work out at. That is one of my employees with Uriah at the last event we did. Uriah is helping us get a few new fighters, including his own grappling coach. We are sponsoring 2 boxers & have 3 solid MMA guys right now.

Do you know of John Kolosci? We just did a design for him & he'll be wearing our logo, though he isn't officially one of our fighters.

We don't work specifically with any of the leagues, but hope to be at an upcoming WEC event.

Yes, our models are super hot. It's amazing how many girls applied. We still get calls all the time & we're thinking it's time to do a calendar.

I had to work during the fights. I've been trying to not read too much news on what went down so that I could watch then from start to finish. Uriah fights tomorrow, so I can't wait for that one.

Ya, I'm too old to fight as well. At this point I may have to start using the "kick 'em in the nut's and run" technique.

-Mike
XCellKen
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Zodiac:
Burkina Faso

Post by XCellKen »

Or U can do the "punch them in the ear with the blue tooth while they're holding several boxes" technique. That's what I did. Of course, I was wondering where he learned how to fight. You shouldn't point at someones chest and threaten them while you're holding several boxes. I didn't realize he had a bluetooth. That was just a binus. It really messed up my finger, though.
Ken McCool

R U interested in joining a chapter that covers not only collecting related news, but also brewing industry news, jokes, and stories about the oftentimes hilarious, occasionally tragic events in which those who have had one, or two, or ten too many engage, all written with a sick, twisted demented bent???

For more info, or to obtain a FREE sample newsletter, email me at: kenk2260@earthlink.net
XCellKen
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Zodiac:
Burkina Faso

Post by XCellKen »

The WEC show last nite was cancelled. What a bummer!!!
Ken McCool

fiat128
Deceased
Deceased
BCCA Number: 24635
eBay name: *fiat128*
Year Started Collecting: 1982
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by fiat128 »

Can somebody educate me on this stuff? All I know about UFC and MMA came from Mickeys Malt Liquour cans. The other day I was play pool in Mexico and they had UFC or something on the TV and it was pretty entertaining to watch (although the technique where they get each other on the floor and get on top of them should be banned because it's unpleasant to look at).

What is MMA? Last year the Mickeys cans all said "UFC" on them now it's MMA this year. Is this the same thing with a name change or something else?

What exactly are the rules of this stuff? Looked like bunch of loosely organized beatings on TV.

PS: Hot girls there! I'm all for anything that involves hot girls.
I dump cans and cars, if you find old cars & trucks while dumping, please let me know.
XCellKen
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Zodiac:
Burkina Faso

Post by XCellKen »

Fiat;

MMA is Mixed Martial Arts. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is the leading MMA organization.

MMA combines stand up (boxing, kickboxing Muay Tai), with grond technique (wrestling and jui jitsu)

Either you're a boxing myopic, or U R uneducated about the sport. MMA fighters are highly skilled, and the fighters are phenominal athletes. If you watch and listen to the announcers, you'll learn the techniques they are using.

The injury rate for MMA fighters is about equal to that of boxers, but the serious injury rate is much higher in boxing. Boxers are continually pounded in the head, and when they go down, the ref counts to eight, and the pounding starts over. Most MMA fights go to the ground, where joint injuries are common, but never life threatening.

Hope that clears things up for you.
Ken McCool

fiat128
Deceased
Deceased
BCCA Number: 24635
eBay name: *fiat128*
Year Started Collecting: 1982
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by fiat128 »

XCellKen wrote:Fiat;
Either you're a boxing myopic, or U R uneducated about the sport.
Both. I don't know anything about MMA (hence the question) and I never cared much for boxing. MMA IMHO is much more interesting to watch than boxing. I wasn't able hear the annoucers in the bar I was in and I've never seen this before.

Has this been around long?
I dump cans and cars, if you find old cars & trucks while dumping, please let me know.
XCellKen
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Zodiac:
Burkina Faso

Post by XCellKen »

It started in both the US and Japan in 93. In Japan, it was pro wrestlers who wondered what would happen if it was real. B4 that, they had what was called shootfighting, which was pro wrestling that looked real, but it wasn't. In the US UFC started with Jui Jitsu guys trying to show that their fighting discipline was superior to all others. One of our current presidential candidates ( A boxing myopic who thought it was barbaric. By the way,his VP is HOT!!!), got the cable companies to ban it from cable around 96, where it was underground until it showed up on Spike TV in 05. It blew up after that, and now is more popular than boxing or pro wrestling on PPV (except for De La Hoya fights). The sport evolved to where you now have to be well versed in several different fighting disiplines, so the Brazilian Jui Jitsu guys no longer dominate.

UR right, its much more interesting than boxing. Its also much more interesting than pro wrestling
Ken McCool

XCellKen
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Zodiac:
Burkina Faso

Post by XCellKen »

Fiat;

You might also want to check out Spike TV and Verses, cause both channels have numerous MMA shows you can watch for FREE in the comfort of your home. And listen to the announcers.
Ken McCool

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Interests”